A TEENAGER accused of a Kendal estate stabbing is due to stand trial in July.
Lucas Calvert, 18, faced three charges when he appeared at Carlisle Crown Court.
Calvert denied wounding a 17-year-old male with intent to cause him grievous bodily harm. He also pleaded not guilty to a separate charge alleging he unlawfully and maliciously wounded the male, and denied the illegal possession of a bladed article, a combat knife, in public on Sandylands Road in Kendal.
All three charges arise out an incident on January 20 this year in that area.
A police spokesman said afterwards that a 17-year-old male had been transported to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary. He was said to have injuries “not believed to be life threatening.”
Calvert, of Defoe Drive, Kirkby Lonsdale, entered his not guilty pleas to the three charges while appearing in court over a video link.
His trial is due to start in front of a jury at the crown court on July 21 and, it is estimated, will last around three to four days.
In the meantime, Calvert was remanded in custody by Judge Nicholas Barker.