Come join the West House Family and be part of something really special.
Prior experience NOT essential. Full training provided including a Level 2 Diploma after successful probation.
Purpose of role: This role is an opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of people with a learning disability.
Examples of specific duties/tasks undertaken by a Support Worker for the people we support:
- Assisting with personal care tasks such as eating, dressing, washing, and toileting.
- Assisting with food preparation and cooking.
- Performing light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, vacuuming and changing bed linen.
- Attending medical appointments.
- Administering medication in line with individualised care plans.
- Arranging transport for outings.
- Providing support, encouragement, and companionship by engaging in clients’ activities such as playing games, visiting places, taking walks and having conversations.
West House has both residential care homes and supported living accommodation throughout West Cumbria and Carlisle area.
Full and part time hours available including weekend working.
Basic Salary: £ 17,700 – £18,300
Based on a full time role you can be expected to earn an extra £300 per month through sleepover shifts and extra hours worked in service.
Apply online today at https www.westhouse.org.uk/about-us/careers/jobs/