A popular pub is updating punters on its ongoing £1 million revamp.
The Santon Bridge Inn, which hosts the World’s Biggest Liar competition in Copeland, is embarking on a very ambitious renovation project.
Phase one is currently underway and is on course for completion prior to restrictions being lifted.
Work being carried out includes
- Installation of superfast fibre broadband WiFi throughout the pub including all guest bedrooms.
- Refurbishment to all bedrooms including new furniture, carpets, décor and soft furnishings.
- Creation of one further single bedroom on the first floor plus two ground floor disabled adapted bedrooms.
- Increasing the total number of bedrooms to 18.
- Removal of the dated function room to create an extension to the existing bar
- Full renovation of dining room/restaurant to include the installation of new roof lantern to let in more light to give a new lighter and modern feel. To include soft furnishings.
- Creation of new external sunken garden terrace area with outdoor heaters furnishings and festoon lighting.
- All new carpets and decoration to full interior and exterior to include new signage and external lights.
A planning application has been submitted for phase two of the work, which will include replacing all timber frame windows with new white PVC, demolition of existing barn to create six self-catering apartments and additional land to be used to create 13 glamping pods with associated services block.