Firms in Allerdale are urged to apply for a Government-backed grant made available to those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Spring Back Payment is a discretionary grant intended to help businesses as coronavirus restrictions are eased across the country.
It is aimed at those organisations that have been severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of COVID-19, but which are not eligible for the other funding that is available through the Restart Grant scheme.
Grants are based on the level of fixed business costs and range from £2,000 to £10,000.
The initial application window for the Spring Back Payment is from now until 5pm on June 11.
The ARG Spring Back Payment scheme prioritises businesses as follows:
- Businesses in the hospitality, hotel, bed & breakfast and leisure industries, including self-catering holiday accommodation
- Businesses in the retail sector including market traders
- Event and event management businesses
- Businesses that directly organise, facilitate or perform at organised events
- Businesses that rely on close physical contact (e.g. personal care, hair and beauty, driving instructors, taxi drivers etc).
Taxi drivers must have a valid Allerdale Borough Council issued licence and have a residential address and/or be operating mainly within Allerdale.
- Businesses that directly supply the retail, hospitality, leisure and events sectors (e.g. wholesalers, breweries, etc.). This should not include businesses where supply to supermarkets accounts for 50 per cent or more of their business.
- Other businesses – discretion will be used to consider grant applications from any other business operating in the Allerdale area, that has been significantly impacted by Coronavirus restrictions during 2020/21.
A full description of the eligibility criteria is available on the council’s website: https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/coronavirus/coronavirus-business-grants-claims/.
If businesses are eligible for a Restart Grant they will not be eligible for the Spring Back Payment, and are therefore asked not to complete the Spring Back application form.
Businesses are encouraged to check the council’s website, and if they are eligible for the Restart Grant and have yet to apply for it then they should do so as soon as possible.
More information on the help available to businesses is available on the council’s website: https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/coronavirus/coronavirus-business-grants-claims/.
Businesses are also encouraged to check the website page for any updates regularly which includes information on financial help and how to reopen safely.
Help and advice is also available from the council’s customer service team on 0303 123 1702.