Businesses that have helped the NHS are urged to enter a prestigious awards event.
The NHS in the North Excellence in Supply Awards are hosted by the NHS Northern Customer Board and the Innovation Agency.
They are sponsored by the Innovation Agency, Health Innovation Manchester, Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network and the Academic Health Science Network North East and North Cumbria.
Categories in 2021 are:
- Innovation Award – to recognise a company where innovation has been used to improve a product, process or service to transform or enhance patient care and improved efficiency within northern NHS trusts.
- Patient Experience Award – whether based in a hospital or the community, recognition for a supplier who has provided goods or services that have enhanced the patient experience.
- Small Business Award – to mark a small or medium-sized enterprise that has successfully developed a product while also making a significant contribution to the trusts they supply.
- Support Services Award – an award aimed at companies whose work provides support to the NHS to help maintain the quality of service.
- Sustainable Development Award – recognising initiatives that have been developed to minimise the impact on the environment. This could include reduced carbon emissions, packaging or energy.
- NHS Procurement Outstanding Contribution – an opportunity for Heads of Procurement to nominate an individual from their team who displays ongoing and exceptional growth in contribution to their organisation.
- NHS Champion in Support of Procurement – an opportunity to nominate a team or individual who has gone the extra mile to work collaboratively with procurement departments.
- NHS Procurement Transformation Award – recognition of a procurement team who have introduced a new innovation project into their trust, resulting in significantly improved patient outcomes and supplier relationships.
The winners of this year’s three NHS categories will go forward to the Health Care Supplies Association awards event in November.
The closing date for nominations is June 4. Judging will take place over the summer with the winners announced at a virtual event to be held on Thursday 16 September.
For more information and to enter: https://www.innovationagencynwc.nhs.uk/excellence-in-supply-awards-2021