THEATREGOERS will be given the chance to vote with their wallets or purses at Cockermouth’s Kirkgate Centre this autumn.
The Kirkgate has introduced an innovative ‘Pay What You Feel’ ticketing policy for its professional live theatre productions — meaning audiences will be able to decide how much to pay AFTER seeing the performance!
Chris Bridgman, Artistic Director of the Kirkgate, said: “We want to encourage more people to come down to the Kirkgate and discover what a wonderful asset they have on their doorstep.
“We’d also like to encourage people to come along and try something new. Pay What You Feel removes the financial risk of buying a ticket for a show in advance without knowing whether you’re going to enjoy it or not.”
The way it works is that tickets are booked in advance as usual. However, there’s no obligation to pay until the show is finished.
People can then decide on a price they think is suitable, which means that if they really haven’t enjoyed it all, they don’t need to pay anything!
The first shows with the Pay What You Feel option are:
- The inventive theatre/music combo of Common Lore (Saturday, September 22)
- The stirring WW1 Canadian drama Our Frances (Friday, October 5)
- The classic sci-fi of War of the Worlds (Friday, October 12)
- Your Toys (Saturday, October 13) – Family theatre with original live music, puppets and lots of humour
- Comedy poetry adventure show Aaaaaaagh! Dinosaurs! (Tuesday, October 23)
For further details on how the scheme works, and to book tickets, contact the Kirkgate Centre box office on 01900 826448.
For details of the full Kirkgate Centre programme, check out www.kirkgatearts.org.uk