With just two more races left of the 2021 season, thoughts are turning to determine what were the best performances in the year.
The young bird programme concludes with Saturday’s race from Cannock for the West Cumbria Amalgamation, followed by the Cumbria Combine finale from Cheltenham on September 11.
The Cumbria Region of the RPRA will be running their annual regional awards with a closing date of October 15 for nominations.
All the qualifying races must have been flown under RPRA rules and applicants must be paid up members of the Cumbria Region.
- Category A is for Old Bird Inland (Union Jack Club Trophy) while Category B is for Old Bird Channel (Tom Pooley Cup).
- Category C is for Old Bird Combined (Inland/Channel) (NPO Cup) and Category D is for Young Bird (Any Distance) (Long & Small Garage Trophy).
- The Young Fancier Award, (Age Limit 8 years to 16 years) is for services to the sport and/or performance.
- The Brian Tattersall (TNFC) Trophy is awarded for the best performance by a Cumbria RPRA member in a National Flying Club race held in 2021.
- Tattersall/Blacklock Friendship Trophy will be awarded to a Cumbria Region member for his/her services to the sport.
- Two trophies sponsored by the RPRA will be awarded to the best performance/s by an Old Bird and best performance/s by a Young Bird.
The Region will also select pigeons for the RPRA National awards.