A band of heavy rain followed by heavy showers or thunderstorms has the potential to bring disruption
A band of heavy rain, with the possibility of some very heavy bursts, will move northwards during Thursday night and Friday.
Within this band 10-15 mm is widely expected, however some places could see as much as 30 mm in just a few hours.
Once the rain has cleared scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop, particularly during Friday.
Many places will miss these, but where they do occur 10-20 mm is possible in one hour, with perhaps 30 mm in a few hours.
Further rain and showers are forecast for Saturday and Sunday.
What to expect
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads