An online talk exploring how an NHS trust with hospitals in Cumbria is recovering from the pandemic is set to take place.
The talk for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust (FT) members will be held online via Microsoft Teams on October 26 at 6pm.
Anyone interested in attending the talk and who is not yet a Foundation Trust Member can sign up easily online at: https://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/get-involved/our-membership.
Speakers will include Suzanne Hargreaves, Associate Director of Strategy and Transformation for UHMBT, Dr Wendy Craig, Consultant General Surgeon, Cross-Bay Clinical Lead for General Surgery and Theatre Transformation for UHMBT and Dr Sarah Hauxwell, Clinical Director of the Core Clinical Care Group and Lead Cancer Clinician for UHMBT.
Suzanne said: “This talk is a great opportunity for us to talk to Foundation Trust Members about the work we have undertaken to restore and recover services following the pandemic.
“We also look forward to talking about our journey of transformation to ensure we develop services that are fit for the future. In redesigning services, we are putting patients at the centre of all we do, co-designing and enabling partnerships – creating responsive services at individual and population health level towards better outcomes for all.”
Benefits of Foundation Trust Membership include:
- A direct link into the Trust via the Membership Services Office
- Receiving newsletters and up-to-date information about your hospitals and services
- Consulting you on future developments of your hospitals
- The opportunity to give your views and opinions about your hospitals
- You will be able to stand as or vote for your representative on the Council of Governors
- Invitations to special events and meetings
- Access to Health Service Discounts
You can contact the FT Membership Office by email at [email protected] or by post at Foundation Trust Office, near the main entrance, Furness General Hospital, Dalton Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 4LF.