The West Cumbria Amalgamation’s two Federations have put back Saturday’s racing by 24 hours.
Both organisations – the Derwent Valley and the West Cumberland – have been trying to catch up in time to race together from Appleton on August 14.
The Derwent Valley plan to liberate from Garstang while their neighbours are aiming for a liberation from Charnock Richard.
Unfortunately the weather could transpire against them as there is rain forecast for the next 10 days.
Saturday’s forecast is probably the worst, hence the decision to mark and basket the birds 24 hours later hoping for a long enough break in the weather on Sunday.
Training and racing so far has been excellent and both groups of fanciers probably have their best-educated youngsters for some time.
As one seasoned campaigner said: “Everything has gone really well and it would be a disaster if the weather intervened and caused problems.”