A man was airlifted to hospital after a gas explosion in Workington town centre.
The incident, on Ladies Walk, involved acetylene gas, normally used in bottle form to cut steel during demolition work.
Three fire engines attended the incident and firefighters administered first aid to the casualty.
The Great North Air Ambulance was called to the scene and landed at the nearby Workington Cricket Club.
The casualty, believed to be a man, was airlifted to Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle for treatment.
His condition is unknown.